Friday 19 October 2012

Beauty and the Beast

The demon lies dormant
Waiting to be risen
Relishing my torment
Within this hellish prison

He whispers in my ear

Tells lies of who to be
As I look into the mirror
Distorts the images I see

I clamber for the sky

Amidst the muk and mire
I spread my wings to fly
But they have caught on fire

The demon speaks so softly

Beckoning my trust
To decline would be costly
Although I know I must

But do I have such courage

To slay the beast within
In my heart I disparage
I'll do anything to be thin

As the beast lets out a triumphant roar

I know it must be too late
I lay my head down on the floor
And resign myself to my fate

I think of a sweet lotus flower

As it sprouts up from the mud
Cherishing my final hour
Feel the rushing of the flood

As the demon encompasses me

Tears gush down my face
Although I hold the key
I am too weary for this race

As this battle rages ever on

I'm soon to be deceased
Forever the demons pawn
As beauty is the beast


No comments:

Post a Comment