Friday 19 October 2012

Reading: A Narrative

Take me on a journey
and let me feel the winding highs.
My heart explodes with emotion
Whilst my soul deeply sighs

Feel it coursing though my veins
Bringing me higher and higher
More spirit and more passion
burning like unquenchable fire

I need it, want it
Filled with a selfish desire
I demand it, devour it,
The situation has become dire

More suspense, more thrill
Leading me to the great beyond
But I start to sink, down, down
My moment no longer prolonged

I'm falling somewhere
To god only knows
My very great highs
Followed by damaging lows

As the fire burns out
I'm left an empty shell
Reality sets in
And I'm greeted by hell

My greatest distortion
Is my strongest despair
That this sweet intoxication
Is something I can bare

My deception is great
Since I always forget
My very great highs
Are filled with regret

As I turn a new page
I'm greeted with worries
But I don't need your help,
Just give me more stories...

No comments:

Post a Comment