Saturday 24 November 2012

Big Decisions

The future is bright and airy. As I stand before an array of tunnels, dark and foreboding, I can finally feel the cool breeze that will lead me out; the smell of fresh air, and the promise of sunshine. The limitless sky stretched out before me, I feel hopeful. The possibilities are endless. The winds are changing.

I think the only things that top today are my birth and my wedding. Even though these emails are probably pretty generic, all I keep replaying in my head is “Congratulations on your outstanding academic achievement”. I mean, I never thought of myself as a university student before. I can’t even stop saying it, university. It hasn’t sunk in yet. I’ve never felt so excited and so scared in my whole life, but I know this is fated. I feel assured that everything will fall perfectly into place.

University… This is a big dream, but I’ve got 10 months to dream even bigger. I never thought in my wildest dreams that I would be going to university, it just sounds so smart! And it’s not to say I didn’t think I was smart, but university always had this je ne sais quoi about it that felt untouchable to me, like I wasn’t privĂ© to that exclusive club. We set our own limits and its incredibly freeing when you let go of them.

No comments:

Post a Comment