Wednesday 9 March 2011

The skytrain doesn't work?

What kind of adventure such as public transit at 6:54am, I was actually early on my way to work this morning. Too bad no one will actually know. Why you ask? Well of course the skytrain couldn't possibly be working at 6:54 on a Wednesday morning. As I watched skytrain after skytrain pass by on it's way to Vancouver, there is no Skytrain coming to bring me to Surrey. When the announcer came on to announce a skytrain was stuck at the stop before mine understanding sunk in, it must be the eastbound train. This is when I realized I forgot my cell phone. Two things occured to me then, first I'm no longer early for work and second I have no way of letting them know that. Shit.

Did I mention it's raining and I forgot my umbrella? So now I'm wet and late, what a way to start off my first shift. This isn't the end either, as the platform slowly accumulates more and more people the skytrain finally arrives, it's 7:10am. I'm so late... I'm lucky enough to rush an empty seat and sit, my feet are numb from by rubber boots (they cut off the circulation when I'm immobile) aww sweet skytrain heat.

As I finally reach the last stop we pull in on the embarkment side... Bad idea... They must have not let anyone up to the platform (you can imagine the amount of people during rush hour on a weekday morning), as I tried to disembark my nightmare I get rushed by about 30 people trying to fit through the doors at the same time. Yeah, all those signs that tell you to let people off before you rush the entrance, nobody reads those... After elbowing a lot of people (it felt good) I finally smell fresh air! I try and make my way to the stairs leading down but my only way of explaining this is downtown Tokyo on a Saturday. Maneuvering is not pleasant and it's not easy. More elbowing more cursing and then I'm free. I'm late, but free! Wish I had my phone, a picture would have been nice to add to this blog.

Adios from my iPhone :) & Happy blogging!

No comments:

Post a Comment