Thursday 27 September 2012

Appreciation Day

Today is an appreciation day! It could very well be that the caffeine from my espresso has released an extra dose of endorphins into my system thereby heightening my senses into a semi-overloaded state and pushing my body into a minor panic attack, but “appreciation day” just sounds so much nicer. So let’s appreciate! On my way to work I realised how fortunate I was to live in a society that was very much multicultural! All I have to do is walk out my front door and the world is my ocean, from restaurants to festivals, I don’t have to travel very far to experience different parts of the world in my own backyard. And this is an exciting concept for me and I am glad that I have this opportunity.

The other thing I noticed is how green the trees were today. I pass through a super tiny wooded area on my way to work every day and today I stopped looking at my feet and noticed the fir tree’s there were really green; a vibrant, deep, forest green just waking up from the morning mist, shining with the mid-morning light from the rising sun. This was a beautiful sight. And I thought we live in such a beautiful province and its easy to take it for granted, but nothing beats the view of the mountains on a clear day when you are driving down the highway. I wish I had a picture to share but all I can do is hope the image of the trees will be imprinted in my memory for a long time.

Starting the day off on a positive note really helps set the mood for the rest of the day. I think I should add that to my resolution list; to think of at least one positive thing every morning and get excited about it. I think I am well on my way to start my own happiness project in January. There is a lot to be excited for right now in my life and I am going to appreciate it. So I will challenge you too. When something negative happens make an effort to counter that with at least one positive thing, and I’m going to do the same!

Ciao for now,

A.

No comments:

Post a Comment